Medical Alert Systems market to become a $20bn Industry by 2019 Due to Changing Healthcare reforms and Demographics in Developed Countries

The global market for medical alert systems is expected to grow from around $14.1 billion in 2013 to $21.6 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 6.3%. While the PERS market has a 40% market share in this global segment, the remaining 60% is occupied by the NCS product types.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, October 28, 2014 /India PRwire/ -- Medical Alert Systems are the devices that are used to summon assistance in times of emergency by healthcare personnel or individuals. This segment encompasses a range of medical devices such as Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS), medical alarms, Nurse Call Systems (NCS) and so on. The scope of the study has been expanded to include more types of medical alarm systems to get a holistic understanding of the market dynamics and trends of the individual products across geographic regions.

The growing demand for emergency communication devices and advancements in technologies allowing entry of innovative personal care and health monitoring devices will be the primary growth driver for this market in the next few years. The global market for medical alert systems is expected to grow from around $14.1 billion in 2013 to $21.6 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 6.3%. While the PERS market has a 40% market share in this global segment, the remaining 60% is occupied by the NCS product types.

To browse table of contents click below:

http://industryarc.com/Report/98/medical-alert-devices-market.html

At present, the market for medical alert system is growing steadily. With the advent of technology, many manufacturers of medical alert systems have now removed the necessity to have a base station, owing to their limited range. Instead, mobile devices are now provided to the users, which incorporate both GSM and GPS services to connect the user directly to the monitoring center, and trace their exact location respectively. This has started off a brand new market, which is known as mobile PERS or mPERS. MobileHelp was the first manufacturer in the emerging field of mPERS. The explosion of Smartphone and Tablet users among old age groups has also forced Application Developers to develop a number of alternative Apps for the medical alert systems.

The global PERS market had been analyzed by three segments- namely Landline, Mobile, and Standalone. The global NCS market has also been segmented into three types: Traditional Nurse Call Systems, Advanced Nurse Communication Systems and Middleware Interfacing Nurse Call Systems. The home and mobile security are segmented into wearable and non-wearable devices based on the usage type. Some wearable alert devices are resistant to water and will not create a problem in bathrooms. These are capable of working for a range of about 1000 to 1500 feet inside and around home. Non-wearable medical alert systems are mobile medical devices that can be carried around. These devices are made further secure and accurate with GPS technology which enables to locate the user in emergency. Personal emergency response systems have the capacity to detect fall (standalone) and immediately contact the monitoring center assisting for help.

The companies that are currently involved in a number of developments in the apps for these systems are Guardly and Ping4alerts. AT&T recently launched a mobile personal emergency response system (mPERS), which is called EverThere, with the portable system that was acquired from Numera. The internal gyroscope and magnetometer help learn the user's daily routine, and a number of accelerometers which can detect if the user falls down. Recent industry acquisitions and mergers such as Tunstall/America Medical Alert Corp. (AMAC), and MobileHelp/Halo also can guarantee the potential growth in the PERS market. According to the IndustryARC analysis, Hill-Rom Holdings Inc., Tyco SimplexGrinnell LP, Ascom Holding AG, Honeywell International, Inc., and Rauland-Borg Corporation held 41% share in the global NCS market in terms of revenue.

IndustryARC observes that the global market for medical alert systems is at present quite steady, and with the rise of a number of new apps, development is imminent. As new products hit the market, from different parts of the globe, new players are seen entering the field every now and then. The report created by IndustryARC follow the details and expands on the possible areas for growth in the future.

Request for the sample data/brochure:

http://industryarc.com/request-a-call.aspx?type=report&cid=98

Notes to Editor

About Us

IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 20 reports every month in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare. Contact us to find out how we can help you today!

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/industryarc

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/industryarc

Twitter: https://twitter.com/IndustryARC

Journalists and Bloggers
Visit India PRwire for Journalists for releases, photos, email alerts and customized feeds just for Media.

If you have any query regarding information in the press releases, please contact the company listed in the press release itself. Please do not call India PRwire, we will be unable to assist you with your inquiry.