Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad to attend India Diabetes Summit on June 30th, 2011 at The Lalit Hotel, New Delhi
The India Diabetes Summit is presented by Britannia in association with The Times of India.Tweet
-- Today India has been ranked the first country after China to have the largest diabetic population. 7 out of every 10 Indian is diabetic and the disease is now prevalent among adults as well as young adults. Diabetes is a lifestyle disease which now rampant due to changes in lifestyle and imbalanced eating habits. Diabetes, with its long term complications, and myriad of disorders associated with it, is a major health hazard. Worldwide at least 200 million people have diabetes; this figure is likely to be more than double by 2030. This disease does not have a cure and merely needs to be managed.
Today the diabetes management industry, which is a multimillion dollar industry, pays a lot of attention and care to combat the disease and keep it at bay. From nutrition, to lifestyle changes and treatment to health care, the management of diabetes has come a long way globally. There are new practices and preventive care evolving everyday and India must be able step back and work towards providing preventive measures as well as latest treatment and care to its diabetic population.
Keeping this in perspective, The Times of India is organising India Diabetes Summit and will cover Healthcare Solutions for Preventing Diabetes and Growing Concerns about the Escalating Health Threats that it pose. Focus will be placed to engage relevant stakeholders around the conference to deliberate on necessary actions to manage diabetes, the so called lifestyle disease. The forum will enable participants to share knowledge and experiences, which together will go a long way in evolving best practices.
The topics of discussion are as:
- Diabetes: The Global Pandemic - Facts and Figures
- Capacity building for diabetes outreach
- Diabetes: Long term Self Care & Lifestyle Modification
- Country specific strategy for Early Detection & Prevention of Diabetes
- Govt. Agencies and their role in Public Health Protection
- Treatment and Technologies for Diabetes Management
- What To Eat and What Not To Eat : Effective yet Healthy Food Facts
Vinita Bali - Managing Director, Britannia Industries Limited said "It is our belief that conditions like diabetes can, and must be comprehensively managed by adopting a responsible lifestyle which includes the right food, drink and exercise and with greater awareness and understanding; people will make the right calls. The India Diabetes Summit is one such platform to educate and drive awareness amongst people and Britannia NurtiChoice is proud to be a part of this initiative."
Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad Union Minister, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare will be the chief guest of the conference. Some of the other eminent speakers are:
- Dr. Naresh Trehan, Chairman and Managing Director, Medanta - The Medicity
- Mr. Shivinder Mohan Singh, Managing Director, Fortis Health Care India Limited
- Prof. Anoop Misra, Chairman, National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol
- Dr. Shikha Sharma, Medical Doctor & Wellness Consultant
- Mr. Naresh Chandra, Chief Operating Officer, Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Mr. A. K Khanna, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director - Member of Boards, Emcure
- Dr. Damodar Bachani, DDG - Non Communicable Diseases, Department of Health, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Dr. J. S Thakur, Professional Officer, Non Communicable Diseases &Social Determinants of Health, WHO
The India Diabetes Summit is being held on the 30th June 10am onwards at The Intercontinental, The Lalit, New Delhi. The India Diabetes Summit is presented by Britannia in association with The Times of India.